The 5 Best Crystals for Meditation and How To Use Them
by yujianghao on Sep 03, 2023
The 5 Best Crystals for Meditation and How To Use Them
Crystal healing has been a staple practice for many spiritualists for decades. Crystals enhance and heal our own energy and connect us to the natural world. They are a powerful spiritual tool and therefore are great to be used in meditation. But what are the best crystals for meditation, and how can we use them in order to fully harness the powers of the crystals?
Why Use Crystals for Meditation?
Meditation has loads of excellent healing effects on us. When we practice meditation, we are stabilizing our thoughts and enhancing our emotional health. Meditation can also impact our physical health, with studies showing that mindful meditation can reduce pain when practiced daily.
Meditation can also enhance our spirituality, allowing us to connect with our inner selves and the world around us. It creates oneness within the physical, spiritual, and psychological realms.
All crystals give off specific vibrations that interact with our own energy. When incorporating crystals into our meditation practices, our intentions and energies are intensified. Crystals allow us to deepen our psychic consciousness and assists in any healing or destressing that we are needing!
Meditating with crystals will also allow you to align, open, and heal your chakras. Crystals relate to specific chakras and therefore, you can find the perfect crystal for you and your needs, letting yourself heal and get the boost of positive energy that you need.
What Are The Best Crystals for Meditation?
All crystals are super beneficial, and they all can be used to enhance your meditation practices. What crystal you pick really is down to you and your needs! If your throat chakra is blocked, it is great to opt for a blue crystal such as aquamarine or lapis lazuli which vibrations connect deeply with this chakra. When choosing crystals to meditate with, listen to your intuition and what your soul is calling out for!
It is important to consider the colors of the crystal as every color has certain vibrations. For example, if you are suffering from low self-esteem, meditating with pink quartz can relieve these emotions. In contrast, a red or orange crystal such as citrine can bring boosts of energy to your meditation practice.
However, if you are new to meditating with crystals and feel a bit overwhelmed with the wide variety of crystals out there, don’t worry! There are some stones that are perfect for incorporating into your routine, whatever your spiritual or emotional needs are. These crystals aid in deepening your meditative state and connecting with your own inner peace. Perfect for beginner and expert crystal healers alike!
- Clear Quartz. This crystal is a super versatile stone and amplifies the energy that is around it. It is excellent to activate the crown chakra, which allows us to connect with higher realms of consciousness, deepening our psychic abilities. Quartz is known as the master healer, a wonderful grounding stone.
- Amethyst. The amethyst is an extremely powerful crystal that provides us with spiritual protection, relieving stress and anxiety. It is connected to the third eye chakra, which is the chakra that gives us spiritual insight.
- Labradorite. This crystal is a truly magical stone. Its vibrations strengthen our psychic abilities and help us through transformations. It is linked to both the crown and third eye chakra.
- Lepidolite. This crystal is perfect for stabilizing emotions, so great to use in meditation! Its vibrations calm and destress, allowing us to find inner peace. It unblocks the crown chakra and activates the third eye chakra. This is a wonderful stone to use in your meditation sessions.
- Lapis lazuli. This beautiful deep blue stone brings harmony and inner peace. It allows us to deepen our psychic awareness, connecting with our spiritual side. It is linked to the third eye chakra and can be used to unblock the throat chakra.
How To Meditate With Crystals
Once you have picked the crystal that you wish to meditate with, it is helpful to cleanse it. This just means that any energies that it picked up before getting to you will be dispersed! Burning sage and letting the crystal pass through the smoke is a great way to cleanse your crystals. You can also choose to leave your crystal out in the sunlight or moonlight as the energy of the earth will then purify the stone.
Once your crystal is cleansed, you are ready to meditate!
Simple Crystal Meditation
If you are new to meditating with crystals, holding the stone in your hand whilst you meditate is a great way to get started and to connect your body and mind with the crystal. As you meditate, bring your awareness to the feel of the stone in your hand and allow its vibrations to connect with you.
Remember to listen to the crystals you are holding, letting your spirit open to the natural energy of the stone. If you are holding a rough crystal, feel its edges against your skin and linger on the interaction between your physical form and its physical form. Take notice of any tingling or warming sensations that are coming from the crystal. Allow the energy to disperse throughout your body, calming and uplifting your soul. The crystal will clear your mind and help you relax and focus your meditation.
Connecting With Your Chakras
If you are wanting to unblock or stimulate a chakra during meditation, place the crystal on your body near to the chakra that needs healing. For example, if your heart chakra is underactive, lie down and place a rose quartz on your chest. This crystal purifies the heart and boosts self-love. As you are meditating with the crystal, be sure to focus on your intention and repeat mantras if you so wish.
Similarly, if you are feeling if you cannot express yourself and speak your truth, you may wish to work with your throat chakra. To unblock your throat chakra with crystals, place an aquamarine on your throat and meditate with your intentions. The crystal will unblock your throat chakra and soothe the anxiety that was occurring.
All chakras are connected to colors. These colors can be used to find crystals that can be used to unblock each chakra. Here is a list of the chakras, their colors, and a crystal that you can use to open up each chakra.
- Crown Chakra - Purple - Amethyst.
- Third Eye Chakra - Indigo - Sodalite.
- Throat - Blue - Aquamarine.
- Heart - Green - Malachite.
- Solar Plexus - Yellow - Citrine.
- Sacral - Orange - Tigers Eye.
- Root - Red - Red Jasper.
Of course, there are many more crystals that assist the seven different chakras, and some crystals work with more than one. It is useful to try out different crystals to find the one that is perfect for you and each of your chakras!
A great way of meditating with crystals is to visualize their colors connecting with your soul or your chakras. This allows the mind to focus on the color, clearing your psyche and letting other thoughts fade away.
Let us look at a guided meditation to use with crystals and their colors. This guided meditation is perfect for beginners and allows us to clear the mind and harness the energy of the crystals. Let’s use the example of amethyst in this mediation, but of course, this technique can be used for any crystal either in your hands or on a chakra.
- Firstly, make sure you are in a comfortable, safe space. Sit or lie down, with the amethyst in your hand.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Breathe in through your nose for seven counts and exhale through your mouth for eleven. Count along to your breathing, allowing your body to calm and relax. Exhale any negativity that you have been carrying.
- When you feel ready, bring your mind to the amethyst in your hand. As your eyes are closed, you will not be able to see the stone, however, you can visualize it. Recall the color of the amethyst, its brilliant glowing purple. Picture the glow of purple energy in your hand. Pay attention to any vibrations and warmth that you may feel from the crystal.
- Now, imagine the glow of purple energy rise up from the stone and into your body. Imagine the purple light flowing through your hands, up into your body, and into your heart and soul. Allow the vibrations of color to move through your body and flow with the rhythm of your breath.
- When the energy of the amethyst is in your body, acknowledge any intentions you may have, or, sit in peace and harmony with the purple light. Allow any messages from the universe to come to you.
- When you are ready, gently come back to your physical body and the world around you. Open up your eyes. Pay attention to the feel of the ground below you. Thank the crystal for helping you.
Enhance Your Meditation With Crystals
Incorporating crystals into your meditation practices can really enhance your spiritual and personal growth. Crystals have strong and powerful vibrations that can allow you to calm your mind and bring focus to your meditation. They are also perfect to heal and unblock chakras.
Take time to find the right crystals for your meditation, paying attention to their energy and your own soul. They are brilliant tools and have so much to give you. Have fun on your crystal healing journey and enjoy the amazing changes that they can bring about!